| by Matt Hayes | Aol.SportingNews.com |
First-and-10: How about Notre Dame vs. Alabama for encore next season?
“8. Poised for big things
Wisconsin completed the December coaching carousel (sorry, FIU, you don’t count) by getting one of the prize catches in former Utah State coach Gary Andersen. A look at the top five hires this offseason:
1. Willie Taggart, USF: For some reason, four SEC schools bypassed a young, dynamic winner in their own backyard. It will cost them twice as much the next time around to get this Jim Harbaugh clone.
2. Gary Andersen, Wisconsin: As long as King Barry keeps the meathooks off, Andersen will thrive in Madtown.
3. Bret Bielema, Arkansas: Built his reputation on exactly what Hogs want/need to compete in SEC West Division: run the ball, play physical.
4. Butch Jones, Tennessee: Attention Vols fans: you’re trading two guys with career losing records before they stepped on campus (Kiffin, Dooley), for a guy who has won everywhere he has coached. Stop whining/pining for Gruden.
5. Sonny Dykes, California: Will fit in perfectly in Berkeley; his funky, pass-happy offense causing headaches all over the defensively-challenged Pac-12.”
Via Matt Hayes, Aol.SportingNews.com
Matt Hayes Names Willie Taggart No.1 Coaching Hire | SoFloBulls.com |