2013, Aol.SportsNews.com, Arkansas Razorbacks, Big East, Bret Bielema, butch jones, California Golden Bears, Coaching Carousel, College Football, Gary Andersen, Matt Hayes, Matt Hayes Names Willie Taggart No. 1 Coaching Hire, Matthew Manuri, SoFloBulls Blog, SoFloBulls.com, Sonny Dykes, South Florida Bulls, South Florida Bulls Football, sports, Tennessee Vols, USF, USF Bulls, USF Bulls Football, Willie Taggart, Wisconsin Badgers
| by Matt Hayes | Aol.SportingNews.com |
“8. Poised for big things
Wisconsin completed the December coaching carousel (sorry, FIU, you don’t count) by getting one of the prize catches in former Utah State coach Gary Andersen. A look at the top five hires this offseason:
1. Willie Taggart, USF: For some reason, four SEC schools bypassed a young, dynamic winner in their own backyard. It will cost them twice as much the next time around to get this Jim Harbaugh clone.
2. Gary Andersen, Wisconsin: As long as King Barry keeps the meathooks off, Andersen will thrive in Madtown.
3. Bret Bielema, Arkansas: Built his reputation on exactly what Hogs want/need to compete in SEC West Division: run the ball, play physical.
4. Butch Jones, Tennessee: Attention Vols fans: you’re trading two guys with career losing records before they stepped on campus (Kiffin, Dooley), for a guy who has won everywhere he has coached. Stop whining/pining for Gruden.
5. Sonny Dykes, California: Will fit in perfectly in Berkeley; his funky, pass-happy offense causing headaches all over the defensively-challenged Pac-12.”
Via Matt Hayes, Aol.SportingNews.com
Matt Hayes Names Willie Taggart No.1 Coaching Hire | SoFloBulls.com |